FOOD SYSTEMS PEDAGOGY
- Hilimire K. 2016. Theory and practice of an interdisciplinary food systems curriculum. NACTA Journal 60: 227-233.
- Hilimire K, Gillon S, McLaughlin BC, Dowd BM, Monsen K. 2014. Food for thought: Developing curricula for sustainable food systems education programs. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems 38: 722-743.
- Hilimire, K., McLaughlin B.C. Students’ Suggestions for Food Systems Curricula at a Liberal Arts College. In press.
- Hilimire, K. 2011. Integrated crop/livestock agriculture in the United States: a review. The Journal of Sustainable Agriculture 35(4):376-393.
- Research overview. Click here to download a report on pastured poultry/crop production.
- Hilimire, K., Gliessman, S.R., and Muramoto, J. 2013. Soil fertility and crop growth under poultry/crop integration. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems 28(2):173-182.
- Hilimire, K. 2012. The grass is greener: Farmers’ experiences with pastured poultry. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems 27(3):173-179.
- Hilimire, K. and Sampson, D. 2010. Intercropping. in D. R. Mulvaney, ed. Green Food; SAGE reference Series on Green Society: Toward a Sustainable Future Series. SAGE.
- Sampson, D. and Hilimire, K. 2010. The National Organic Program. in D. R. Mulvaney, ed. Green Food. SAGE reference Series on Green Society: Toward a Sustainable Future Series, SAGE.
- Hilimire, K., J.C.B. Nesmith, A.C. Caprio, and R. Milne. 2013. Field Note: Attributes of Windthrown Trees in a Sierra Nevada Mixed-Conifer Forest. Western Journal of Applied Forestry 28(2):85-88.
- Hilimire, K., J. C. B. Nesmith, A. C. Caprio, R. Milne, and L. Mutch. 2012. Winds of Change: Characterizing Windthrown Trees in a Sierra Nevada Mixed Conifer Forest. Mountain Views 6(2):44-46.